Monday, January 5, 2009

Seed Therapy

Just received a seed trade, from the first one I've done in a while - red yarrow, pink obedient plant, mixed cosmos, purple candytuft, peony poppies, and Jacob's Ladder (Polemonium yezoense), "Purple Rain". I really, REALLY need to get started with my winter sowing.

Usually, by now, I have a system going: there is potting mix all over the kitchen, milk jugs are prepped and waiting in the sink, and I move from one seed box to another, occasionally making notes in my seed-book, more often losing my pen, or my Sharpie, or the duct tape. Once the fever hits, there's no turning back. Basically, everyone eats off of paper plates until this is over.

I'm still treading water in this pool of resolutions right now. Wanting to make changes and start projects, but wanting to "finish" other things, first.

Seasons don't wait. I will sow some perennials.

Soon.

Tonight!

No comments: